Tea Tree is located in Ahangama, a relaxed and unspoilt fishing village on the picturesque South Coast of Sri Lanka. It is just 2-3 hours by road from Colombo International Airport and 20 minutes from the historic city of Galle, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Situated between the popular towns of Unawatuna and Mirissa, the heart of Sri Lanka’s surfing scene, Tea Tree is set back from a quiet white sandy beach with two surf breaks out the front and safe swimming areas.
Unlike busy tourist areas like Talpe and Unawatuna, Ahangama is still relatively low-key and unspoilt with the charm of an idyllic fishing village
Things to do around Ahangama:
- 3.8km to the Kathaluwa Temple renowned for its remarkable Kandyan-style paintings in the main shrine
- 4km to the Fortress Hotel a 5-star boutique hotel with restaurants and spa
- 5km to the Handunugoda Tea Plantation, home to the world famous “Virgin White Tea”, a tea untouched by hand and renowned the world over.
- 6.8km to the Sea Turtle Hatchery, Habaraduwa
- 8km to Weligama Bay, a great surfing beach especially for small kids
- 13km to Unawatuna, a major tourist attraction in Sri Lanka and famous for its beautiful beach and corals
- 14km to Mirissa, famous for its gorgeous crescent shaped beach, small beach town, seafood restaurants and fishing port
- 15km to Mayurana, a luxury resort set within the grounds of a cinnamon plantation and landscaped tropical gardens
20km km to Galle, a UNESEC World Heritage listed fort town with numerous shops, restaurants, hotels and the famous Galle International Cricket Stadium